Thursday, November 11, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and....

Ok!! (*huff, puff! panting!) I have got to get this out of my system! Now! i wrote this post without this paragraph a couple of minutes back, but given the fact that I saw 2 of the most beautiful dogs(Great Danes) made me rush all the way back home to write this. I Looooooooooooooooooooooove dogs (the oooooooo's qualify for the intensity of my "love") and these were the 2 most amazingly HUGE dogs I have ever seen... Ok keeping everything aside, I just wish I have like 10 dogs prancing about in the house (greedy, yes I am) but something in my heart just melts when I see dogs. So there you go. DOGS. First on my "Few-of-my-favorite-things-list".

Riding Bikes. It’s an amazing feeling to be able to just sit on your bike and zoom off to your destination (however unfavorable- like, office) the wind that blows through your hair and you just cruise along on the road. Lost in thoughts (some “me” time). Bullets will always hold a special place in my life. Not because Boxer owns one (and is insanely obsessed with it, he calls it Julie! And sings songs for “her”, cheesy fellow) but just for the sheer feeling of awesomeness you feel only when you sit on a bullet. I want to ride it. All day. Every day.

The color blue. And not just any shade. Only sky blue. I know, I know, the sky’s blue changes shades all the time. But the one shade I am referring to is the bright light blue, almost like powder blue? The kind of blue the sky used to be in April, after winter is long gone, and summer is yet to set in. No, I won’t say spring and all; India has three seasons only apparently. The blue which is visible from between the very bright white clouds, at around 10 in the morning.

Beaches, yes. And when I say beaches, I don’t indirectly mean vacation. I just mean beaches. The vast expanse of the sea, which makes you look like a non-entity, humbles you almost, like they say? And waves, the very sound of them. Rhythmic in its own way. Sitting on the sand, guessing how high the next wave would be. Watching small fishing boats far inside the waters. Walking on the sand, letting the waves just about reach your feet. Or letting go altogether, allowing the waves to splash you all over, not minding the sand deposits in the clothes for once.

And Rain. Cloudy weather, cool breeze, the roar of thunder every once in a while. And the constant pitter-patter of rain drops. Watching the rain from the safe confines of your balcony, while sipping hot tea. Or just listening to the sound of rain, while wrapped in cozy blankets, a book in hand. Or getting drenched in it, is still a no-no. (I apparently hate the rain, although this hate has been reduced considerably because of Boxer and his great thrill in getting drenched in the rain. I of course diligently agree to get drenched with him each time because of the “love” u see.)

Blue Berry Muffin! The exclamation mark is to mark its special importance, I ate it on my bday (lovingly fed by my boxer) and I am hooked! I can’t seem to get over it, I like it even better that any chocolate in the world (I know I know, it’s almost like I am cheating on chocolates) my o my, how great are Muffins from Costa! ha ha, totally random but i also LOVE Masala Dosas! It is my comfort food. I can eat Masala Dosas for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Evening snack, Dinner and mid-night snack (give a chance). Boxer took me to practically all the best places to eat Masala Dosas when we were you know, in the doopey-loopey lovey dovey stage ;) we still are, but the bloody gymming is sitting in the way!

Oh, and Books. Lots of them, colorful, pretty, bright books. Not necessarily only when I am reading them. They can be just there. That’s good enough. Like, book shops? Neatly stacked, rows and rows of band new, shiny books. Reading excerpts, checking out comments, picking and choosing what you finally want. And then piling it on the ever growing stack at home. And thinking which one to go for next. Of course I intend to finish them all. Someday.

Shopping too. Ok, before you roll your eyes and say ‘Women!’, I am not talking clothes, bags, shoes alone. Obviously, those too. But planned shopping in general is what this is about. Even if it is groceries. Yeah, go ahead, laugh. Making a list, driving down, ticking things off the list. And picking things not in the list; can be anything, an extra pair of shoes, or a bag of oats or skimmed milk. Like that.

And of course, music. The tracks you heard for the first time and liked immediately? Or the ones which took a long time to grow upon you, but once they did, they hung on for longer than many others. Or the very rare ones which you hated initially, but grew to love for other reasons. And those, which remind of you of a certain day, or event, or place or person, and bring a smile on the face. And sometimes, tears too.

P.S: And lo! I am feeling better already! That song makes so much sense, I tell you ;)

4 comments:

  1. I know it will sound weird but I seriously love you because i find me as your (as you are 1 month elder to me) mirror image because most of the things in your list are present in my list also specially "The beach". Awesome explanation.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!
    Wat a blog!
    I am in love wid u!
    While reading, i cud actually c u n hear u reading the blog out 4 me............
    mind blowing..........
    u knw wat?
    b4 i cud finish reading d latest 1, i sent d link of ur blog 2 my BF!
    i m like.....going mad!!!!!!!!
    u knw wat?
    1 tab in my Google Chrome is always named "SERENDIPITY!"
    i hate to click on dat "cross" on the top right hand corner of the page.......
    LOVE U........

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Prachiti: Love u too girl :)thanks :)
    @PJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ: awwwwwww aren't u the sweetest... :) i'll adopt u if u continue to love me so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kavya : Wud love to be live u............ :)
    plsssssssssssssssssssss adopt me !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Scribbles..